Visit McKinney (MCVB) offers many useful services to your organization when you choose to hold meetings, retreats or other events here. We are your source for information and assistance with the following:
- Bid Proposals and Invitations - Visit McKinney's professional sales staff can help you prepare written bid proposals tailored to your group’s site selection requirements. Proposals may include information on the city, lodging, meeting, and event venues, dining, entertainment, attraction and transportation details, suppliers and services, formal invitations from MCVB, and letters from city officials.
- Convention Pre-Promotional Materials - We will provide you with everything you need to spread the word about your event in McKinney including maps, brochures, and other useful information.
- Site Inspections - Tours of meeting and event venues, hotels, attractions, and the city may be arranged for your group’s planning needs. MCVB staff will schedule all appointments and guide your group through each location.
- Delegate Packets / Information Booth - Visit McKinney will provide delegate packets or a welcome booth (depending on availability) onsite during registration. Either packets or the welcome booth offers area visitor information to your guests/attendees.
- Registration Assistance - Depending upon schedules, Visit McKinney offers onsite registration during your meeting’s peak registration times.
- Programming Options - Should your group require demonstrations, tours and/or activities, MCVB will provide you with a list of ideas, aid in the planning and/or schedule transportation.
- Promotional Assistance - Our team can provide a list of local, regional, and statewide media through which information of your group’s event may be distributed, upon your request. Press conferences may also be arranged if desired.
- Speaker and Entertainment Options - We will assist your group in locating speakers on various topics or helps you find just the right entertainment (i.e. magician, singer, band, etc.) from its extensive resource/supplier files.
- Tours and Step-On Guides - Tours may be created according to your group’s allotted time and interests. Additionally, depending upon schedules, knowledgeable step-on guides from our volunteer program are available to share the area’s history, attractions, and interesting anecdotes.
- Welcome Speeches - MCVB arranges for the mayor, a city official, or other local dignitaries to welcome groups on behalf of the city.
For additional information, please call 888-649-8499.