About Visit McKinney
Visit McKinney (formerly the McKinney Convention and Visitors Bureau or MCVB) strives to bring visitors to the community to generate economic impact by promoting and developing McKinney as a destination for business and leisure travelers alike. We hope to help them fully experience McKinney's historic charm and friendly unique atmosphere, to enjoy themselves so much, they can’t wait to bring their family and friends back with them again.
Visit McKinney works with individuals, tour operators, brides, reunion groups, meeting and event planners, travel writers and other journalists and our tourism partners (attractions, hotels, restaurants and cultural venues) to help visitors enjoy their time in McKinney. Our services, all free of charge, include:
- Providing visitor information to meet the visitor’s needs – brochures, maps, calendars, etc.
- Helping secure hotel room blocks
- Conducting site visits and suggesting venues to suit the needs of the visitor or event planner
meeting / eventvenue contracts
- Creating itineraries for tour groups, travel writers and event attendees to incorporate their areas of interest, be it history, do it yourself, environmental, gardening, live entertainment, “slow” / organic foods, etc.
- Supplying visitors with contact information for local vendors including caterers, musicians,
linens / , audio / visual, corporate gifts, photographers, videographers, transportation, decorators and more tables/ chairs
- Providing goody bags to leave in hotel rooms of your out-of-town guests
From beginning to