MCVB Tourism Grants
The McKinney Convention & Visitors Bureau is now offering grants to assist in funding initiatives, activities or events that promote the City of McKinney as a tourism destination. The MCVB is funded via hotel taxes collected by the city, and will now be offering grant funds (amount to be determined) during the current fiscal year to tourism partners who plan to bring new tourism dollars into the city economy.
Determine whether or not your proposed use of grant funds qualifies by reviewing the Texas Hotel Tax Expenditure Requirements. If your proposal qualifies:
- Submit an inquiry letter (not required, but recommended)
- Review the grant guidelines
- Submit your application
- Texas Hotel Tax Expenditure Requirements (to determine eligibility for grant funds)
- The following three documents will again be available following the MCVB Board's approval of FY 2018-19 grant specifics.
- Application Deadline: Closed
- Presentation to MCVB Board: October 22, 2018
- Vote/Award Notification: November 27, 2018
Grants awarded to:
- Texas Folklore Society
- Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary
- The Courts Tennis Complex
- Application Deadline: February 1, 2019
- Presentation to MCVB Board: February 26, 2019
- Vote/Award Notification: March 26, 2019
For more information about grant eligibility or to consult on the viability of your project concept, please contact MCVB Executive Director Dee-dee Guerra at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 214-544-1407.